No Tier 2 Visa
It is very unlikely that the salary for this post will meet the Home Office requirements for Tier 2 Visas.
Garner Chemist - 160 Pinner Road
Garner Chemist is an independent pharmacy that has been serving local communities around Harrow for many years. We pride ourselves on our friendly, hardworking and approachable employees who go that extra mile to help ensure customers’ needs are met and the highest healthcare advice is provided.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic Pre-Registration Pharmacist who is eager to learn.
Successful candidate will be gaining experience all areas of community pharmacy. You will participate in and be exposed to a full range of enhanced services that we provide within our pharmacy. This may range from vaccinations, medicines reviews, new medicine reviews etc. You will gain the confidence to advise customers on over the counter medicines and learn dispensing processes. We will also encourage you to build a professional relationship with GPs, nurses and other health care professionals. External training will be provided and you will be allocated regular training time on-site to help support your learning and to prepare you for the pre-registration exam.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- a talent for communication
- customer focus
- planning and organising skills
- self-drive and enthusiasm
- the ability to solve problems
- the ability to work as part of a team
- a degree of commercial awareness
The Buttercups Training Pre-reg Programme
Each trainee will attend a Buttercups Pre-registration Programme of Study days during the year.
The days are designed to support your placement and help prepare you for the registration assessment.
Topics covered include:
- New Style Calculations Questions
- New Style Mock Registration Assessment
- Responding to Symptoms
- Women's Health and Childhood Ailments
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Clinical Topics by BNF/BNFC Chapter
- The Drug Tariff & NHS Contract
- Elastic Support Hosiery and Trusses
- Stomacare & Appliances
- Dermatology & Wound Management
- Self-awareness & Communication Skills
- First Aid Training
- Tutor Training
- MUR Accreditation Assessment